In this User Guide, we will learn how to add a new user using the Add User button.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not use the Add User Button if your district or campus is using single sign-on and automated rostering. Manually-generated users may be deleted the next time your rostering data is synced with EduSmart.
Begin by clicking on Admin in your top navigation bar.
Select Manage Users.
Click on District/Campus/User.
Select the District you adding the new user to.
Select the School you are adding a new user to.
Click on the Add User button.
Complete the User Details including the following information:
- User ID - must follow the current format used in your district
- Role - you can select either teacher or student, if you need to add another administrator to your account, please contact [email protected]
- Full Name - First Name and Last Name are required, Middle Name is optional
- Email - Teachers are required to have an email but it is optional for students
Confirm that the account is Enabled by selecting the Yes button.
Confirm that the District and School that is selected is correct.
In most cases, you will want to leave the Password field blank and select one of the following under Options:
- check the first box to send an email with login information (teachers only)
- check the second box to set the password as the User ID; this should be the default for both teachers and students; you can set a manual password if desired; leaving this blank and not checking this box will result in a random password being generated
- check the third box if you want the user to be required to change their passwords the next time they log in; typically not used unless you want teachers to change the default password; not recommended for student accounts
Click the Save button.
The new user has now been added to the platform.
If you need help with this, or anything else on the EduSmart platform, please contact [email protected].